The Brent Emotional Wellbeing Service is based at the Brent Civic Centre and will offer a targeted Tier 2 child and adolescent mental health service to:
- Children with Disabilities (CWD) Team
- Transitions Team (14-25 age range)
- Care Planning and Placements Service (Children on the Edge of Care and Looked After Children (LAC))
- Leaving Care Teams
The team will include a clinical psychologist, play therapist, two further CAMHS practitioners and a team administrator.
The focus of the service is to provide support for practitioners that work with children and young people, parents/carers and children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties directly. Our Local Authority commissioners are keen that our CAMHS services coherently support the THRIVE model and ideas in line with the Green Paper.
The service will provide:
- Screening of all new Brent Looked After Children (LAC)
- Advice, guidance, training sessions and case consultations in regular surgeries to build confidence and skills of multiagency practitioners
- Group and drop-in sessions for parents and foster carers to equip parents with the skills to manage challenging behaviour confidently
- Group sessions for children and young people and for unaccompanied asylum seeking children.
- Clinical assessments of LAC including home visits with social workers for priority cases, including direct behaviour management and therapeutic work with LAC and disabled individuals and their families.
- Support for professionals with referrals to CAMHS (Tier 3)
The service will be delivered via a range of evidence based interventions and through close working with the Brent CAMHS (Tier 3) team and all other agencies involved, such as Social Care, schools, GPs, substance misuse services and others.
How to find us
View larger map